世界在破晓的瞬间前埋葬于深渊的黑暗

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Click!!!

I know it is probably a bit late, but the movie "Click!" by Adam Sandler is much better than I expected.

I went in to watch the movie, half expecting it to be a series of slap-stick and fart jokes, but surprisingly it exudes warmth and tries to preach a simple (if overused) truth to the audience. Not that it is "A Wonderful Life", but the lessons to be learnt from it are probably similar.

I guess most arty-farty people would just say something like, yeah right, tell me something that I don't know, this is just a crass show playing on the cheap emotions of family warmth, the idea that family is more important than work in life, etc etc etc, don't bother me with such crap because it speaks nothing to the immense sufferings of human beings as potrayed by some black-white indie film.

Well, I always thought that just because a film or art-piece is trying to potray something simple doesn't make it less than those shitty-arty-farty stuff that no one understands. Just because something is incomprehensible doesn't mean it is cool. Besides, I thought the movie Click! preach the same lesson through a refreshing way, even though they might have done better if the dichotomy of work versus family is not played out. Life is never a simple dichotomy.

Oh, and Linger by The Cranberries kicks ass.

No comments: