世界在破晓的瞬间前埋葬于深渊的黑暗

Saturday, December 02, 2006

An Old Interview....

This was an interview done 4 years ago by UrbanWire, which is an electronic magazine by Ngee Ann Poly (?), I think. The interviewer was my cousin, and I am so fucking surprised that this is still online....

Quoted:

Epilogue

Let's be honest, I've always thought of Hua Biao as a cousin who had became more and more distant as we grew up. His angst, his indifference to his surroundings and his devil-may-care mannerisms all struck me as those of an arrogant fool ignorant of the world's ways.

My mother often commented that Hua Biao and I are alike in many ways - our insistence on doing things our own ways, the stubbornness and volcanic temper. I refused to admit the stark similarities.

At least not until the day I had to interview my own cousin, someone I spent most of my childhood with; someone I'd barely talked to in years since we hit teenagehood and had started to develop differing and strong opinions of our own on many issues.

To call him up out of the blue, for an interview, turned out to be less awkward than I'd imagined.

As we sipped light drinks in his faculty building, the tables turned and he was the one putting the interviewer at ease, by telling me that I can edit his answers all I want, no offense taken.

As he spoke, I sensed that he has mellowed; he was milder, less harsh with his words, and gentler. A change I had seen in myself as I entered my 20s.

Does this happen to everyone when we graduate from teenagers to young adults?

I don't know. But it might be something he can tackle in his next book…


Hmmm, mellowed? Well, if you call what I am now mellowed, then I must be fucking terrible in my teenage years then.... haha

Here is the link to the interview:

http://www.theurbanwire.com/august02/PROFILE.HTML



No comments: