世界在破晓的瞬间前埋葬于深渊的黑暗

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Seriously, you cannot make this up.

As a teaching assistant for undergraduate courses, I have noticed that there is always a correlation between the death of a family member with test/exam dates. Although the instructor allows the students to take make-up exams without ever verifying their excuses, there are just some excuses that are, well, too lame to even consider.

These two are my favorite:

(1) (Student telling professor eight weeks before the final exams) I'm sorry, I can't take the final exam because I have to attend a funeral.

(The professor had a witty come-back though: I feel so sorry for whoever is going to die in eight weeks time).

(2) I have to miss the final exam because I am accompanying my mother for a vasectomy operation.

No comments: