世界在破晓的瞬间前埋葬于深渊的黑暗

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The toy robot


Squashed bug under the child's shoe
As he ran away from the murder scene
On the other side of the block
His grandfather searches
With the child's toy robot


Finally the child returns
With cuts and bruises on his knees
And ask his grandfather if his toy robot had a brain


No, the grandfather says as he hands the child his toy
It's only made of plastic, he says
"But I can talk!!"


The robot protested through the child
"Look, I can move, I can walk, I can fly around like superman!!
My hands are made of titanium steel, my legs are turbo boosters!!
I can dance around like a ballerina, and my eyes sparkle like the stars!!"

Ok, ok, so you have a brain, so you can think
But let's go home for dinner now
And apply some lotion on those knees
So the pain will go away
Grandfather pacifies grandchild, grandchild consoles toy robot


In the middle of the night
The toy robot walks up to the squashed bug and
looks in envy at it, slowly weeping silicon tears


In the corner of the room, the computer shivers uncomfortably

No comments: