世界在破晓的瞬间前埋葬于深渊的黑暗

Friday, March 14, 2008

My First Time As An ERP Subject!


I am taking a course on ERP (event related potential) methodology this semester (i.e. for those who are not sure what ERP is, it is basically measuring your brainwaves by planting electrodes on your scalp.... One part of this course is that we have to run ourselves as subjects in experiments programmed by our fellow colleagues (i.e. other graduate students).
Anyways, this is a photo my friend Moses took for me after the experiment... No, doing this experiment did not cause me to become a zombie, nor was anyone able to control me via the electrodes... However, I thought it would be funny to spoof the usual misperception that most people have of psychologists: we are always conducting some weird experiments that would cause some changes in our subjects' behavior....
I will try to upload an image of my own brain waves later this semester, when we get down to cleaning the data...

No comments: