世界在破晓的瞬间前埋葬于深渊的黑暗

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Radiohead -- Nude

After a few listens to In Rainbows, I've decided that I like this song a lot. Maybe I still have to listen to it a few more times to decide whether I would rank it above Kid A or OK Computer, but I'll have to say that the new album is not bad.

Also, I think Radiohead is one of the more progressive thinking band. They offered the album for digital download and you pay whatever amount you wish to pay (see here). However, if you want the deluxe version of the album, then you have to pay more (much more). And they are not selling the albums via a recording company, but directly to you from them. I think this is a great idea because: (a) now the artists can be directly in touch with their fans, without the record company ripping off either of them; (b) less wastage, in the sense that no albums need to be printed ...... with the invention of MP3 and digital downloading, the printing of albums seemed so last century; (c) I think what we are seeing here is a whole new model of how the music industry will move in the future. It might work, it might not work, but whatever the new model of the music industry in the future is, it will definitely not be CDs.


No comments: