世界在破晓的瞬间前埋葬于深渊的黑暗

Monday, August 15, 2005

Conversation about meaning

Conversation about meaning

“I think it is stupid, these fraternities here. People trying to build a community over something that is essentially meaningless, and then they try to find meaning in it.” Berna remarked as we passed by the fraternity halls outside the university.

“Well, isn’t this how things work in the world? People building their lives over something meaningless, and then tries to find meaning in these things. Over in Singapore, there are many people living their lives this way. I’m sure it’s the same in Turkey. In fact, I’m almost certain it is the same all round the world.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“So this makes you depressing?” Berna asked as a motorbike turning out from Union Drive into Lincoln Avenue zoomed past us.

“Not really. It’ll be more depressing if other people are building their lives over something meaningful, and then you find that you are not part of it. It’ll take the fun out of life.”

“I see.”

No comments: