世界在破晓的瞬间前埋葬于深渊的黑暗

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Disclaimer: What I Said And What Was Printed

If everybody have not gotten sick over the Chinese vs. Western Medicine issue, I still have a disclaimer to make. Today's Lianhe Zaobao published that I do not wish to comment on this matter further. This makes it seem as though I have agreed with all those arguing against me, which is not the case.

In my original email to Lianhe Zaobao, I said that I do not wish to comment on this matter further, because whatever needs to be said had already been said in the 28th July article, and if I replied again, I would just be repeating myself. Of course, the unwritten inference here is that I felt none of the published criticisms leveled at me have managed to answer the points raised in the 28th July article. Hence whatever I say again will only be drawn from the 28th July article.

I suppose what will happen now is that those with deep convictions on Chinese medicine will think they fucking scored a moral victory, or that I am too scared/too stupid to reply. This is not the case. There was this Dr Pan, supposedly some researcher in biology, who wrote in to criticise me. I wrote to him in private to give comments to his criticisms, and to highlight the inadequacies in his arguments.

Just releasing pent up frustrations. Not at the criticisms, but at the apparent non-critical mind of the masses. Yeah, Blackjack, you were right, there's still a lot of work to be done. Too many starfishes on the beach.

No comments: