世界在破晓的瞬间前埋葬于深渊的黑暗

Friday, August 19, 2005

Turkish Music

Turkish Music


“This is Turkey music!!!” Berna exclaimed in front of the van.

“Oh really? I don’t know much about Turkish music. This is a band in California called the Secret Chieftians 3. I think their stuff totally rocks.” Vig answered as he made a left turn into 13th Street.

“Yeah, I think the music is cool.” I said at the back of the van, as I tried to keep the two shelves me and Berna bought from a consignment shop in balance. Vig was the guy who was in charge of delivering the stuff we bought from the consignment shop to our house for a small sum of money.

“It’s surprising, I’m sure there must be a Turkey guy inside the band or something. Or maybe they come from Bulgaria. This sounds exactly like Turkish folk music.” Berna commented.

“Yeah, you like it?” Vig asked.

“Of course I like it, it reminds me of home.” Berna said.

“That’s probably what we Chinese called Yuan Fen, which means providence.” I said.

“Yan Fang?” Vig tried his utmost best to pronounce the Chinese words which I had just uttered.

“Yuan Fen.” I corrected his pronunciation.

“Yuan Fen.” Vig got it correct, albeit with a bit of Midwestern American accent to it.

“Yuan Fen.” The Turkish accented pronunciation came from Berna.

“Cool.”

1 comment:

sayılı fırtınalar said...

hi!turkish folk music information and samples videos or audio for visiting http://turkishmusics.blogspot.com