世界在破晓的瞬间前埋葬于深渊的黑暗

Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Smiths -- This Charming Man

90% of the bands playing the Brit-pop sound (e.g. Stone Roses, Oasis, pre-Blur Blur) in the 90s basically ripped their formula from The Smiths, and if you heard The Smiths, you probably will not disagree. (Oh well, I am really bullshitting, I really don't have the statistics to back up the 90% claim, but you get my point).

This song is from their first album, titled The Smiths. And if you are wondering, yes, I think Morrissey (the lead singer) is gay (though he has never 'came out'). But what a voice. I remembered talking with one of my friend about The Smiths, and one of the reasons we thought they were so successful was because the amalgamation of two unlikely elements: the rock-and-roll guitar riffs of John Marr, and the opera-sque voice of Morrissey. Agree?


No comments: